** The Winners of the 2015 Engagement Photography Contest are Matthew and Michael! Congratulations you two, and I am looking forward to photographing your engagement session!**
“You can’t pick up a phone and call the future and tell them about our times.
You have to pick up a piece of paper.”
–Garrison Keillor, How to Write a Letter
Photographs are even more powerful narrators of our times, and printed photographs speak volumes to future generations. Photographs of your life during the period of time when you are engaged document a very special time.
Pick up a piece of paper… I mean, open your laptop, and write for your future children and grandchildren a true story about the two of you. Write your funniest story, your most incredible adventure, your most touching moment or how you met and fell in love—and you might win a engagement photo shoot and pictures that you and your children will treasure forever.
Write your story and e-mail it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be the couple who earns themselves a free 2 hour engagement session, a two-fold image folio, print credit, and a thumb drive with your images (that’s an $800 value!)
**Update** The winning couple will also receive free styling from Salon 116 if the photo session is taking place in KY. That’s another $150 value!
1. Write your story and e-mail it by February 7th, with a favorite selfie of the two of you to email@example.com, subject: Our Epic Story
2. Follow meg__wilson on instagram and @megwilsonphotog on twitter in order to receive updates
3. Share the picture at the top of this post: regram, tweet or share on facebook about the contest! Include the hashtag #[yourcityhere]weddingphotographer #photographygiveaway @meg__wilson
The stories are in! And there were 4 that I just couldn’t choose between. So, instead of a top 3, there are 4 stories for you to read in the “Contest” menu, above. Show these couples some love in the comment section under their story, and on social media sites to help them win the engagement photography session!
1. Participants must be 18 years old to enter, and must be engaged to be married or have a commitment ceremony in 2015.
2. The deadline for submitting your epic story to firstname.lastname@example.org is February 7th.
3. I will choose the top three stories and post them on my blog and social media sites for your friends and family to comment on to show your story their support. The story with the most comments across all social media sites will be the winner.
4. The winner will be announced one week later on February 14th.
5. The contest is available to anyone in the U.S. If you are more than 100 miles from Lexington, KY, you agree to pay for travel, room and board for one night for Meg Wilson Photography. (I will make the travel arrangements)
6. Participants must not already have a signed contract with another photographer for wedding or engagement photography.
7. Participants and the winner are under no obligation to hire Meg Wilson Photography for any photography session/wedding photography.
8. The engagement session must be booked on a date that Meg Wilson Photography has available.
9. Participants agree to have their story and photographs published online and across social media sites, as well as in any publication the photographer wishes to submit to.
10.The grand prize is a 2 hour engagement session, a two-fold image folio with images of your choice, a $50 print credit, and a thumb drive with 20 images including a personal use print release. **Update** The winning couple will also receive free styling from Salon 116 if the photo session is taking place in KY. That’s another $150 value!
11. This engagement session grand prize cannot be sold, traded or exchanged in any way.
12. By participating in this engagement session giveaway you agree to be bound by these rules.
It is the policy of Meg Wilson Photography to provide services to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.